Whether it is for undergraduate, postgraduate or Ph.D. degrees, Canada has always been the dream destination for international students. In this post, we are going to discuss, particularly, the eligibility and requirements to study PhD in Canada. Stay tuned.
Eligibility and Requirements for PhD in Canada
If you are planning to study Ph.D. in Canada, you must first know whether you are eligible for that or not. Well, the requirements for a PhD application vary between universities in canada and courses. However, below we have listed some common requirements you may need to apply for a Ph.D. course in Canada.
● You must have a master’s degree in a related field in which you are opting to apply for your PhD.
● The required grades for the course can differ from university to university.
● Proof of language ability (IELTS/TOFEL), IELTS or TOFEL scores requirements varies between universities and courses.
● A good score in a graduate admissions test (GMAT/GRE).
Some universities in Canada accept your PhD application even if you don’t have a master’s degree. But for that, your grades in the last two years of your bachelor’s program should be outstanding.
How to Apply For PhD in Canada?
Once you meet all the requirements, you can apply for a PhD course in Canada and for that you first need to decide which PhD program you want to study in Canada. With all the necessary documents you can apply for your PhD course online for your chosen university. Make sure you have chosen a Designated Learning Institution (DLI) to study in Canada. You will have to attach the following documents for the application:
● Statement of purpose
● Curriculum Vitae (CV)
● Application fee
● Two or three letters of academic reference
● Academic transcripts and degree certificates
● Proof of language ability (IELTS/TOFEL)
● GMAT or GRE scores
● Writing sample (if you are applying for PhD for arts and humanities)
● Portfolio of creative work (if you are applying for PhD for arts and humanities)
How Much Does It Cost to Study PhD in Canada
The average annual tuition fees for Ph.D. programs in Canada ranges from CAD 8,000 to CAD 20,000, depending on the programs and the universities. Usually, a Ph.D. course in Canada takes four to six years to complete. You can also apply for a scholarship dedicated to Ph.D. programs in Canada.
If you are planning to join a Ph.D. program in Canada but don’t know about the process and how to do it then you must connect with Goreto Educational Consultancy. They will guide you throughout the process. Goreto is considered to be the best consultancy in Nepal for Canada.
It’s been more than a decade since they started consulting Nepalese students to study in Canada. Goreto Educational Consultancy is based in New Baneshwor, Kathmandu.