There’s a solution to transfer Whatsapp data from Android to iPhone. In this article, I will try to explain how you can migrate all your WhatsApp messages from your Android device to your iPhone in an easy way.
In order to copy the messages form the old phone, there are two solutions: – You backup your messages on a custom service – you hack your WhatsApp and recover them directly from its database
How to backup Whatsapp messages on a custom service?
It’s simple; all you need is an account on the website of your provider. You will then be able to download .csv files containing all your messages: SMS, MMS and WhatsApp.
You can also use this solution to backup your contacts and later import them on the new phone.
How to hack WhatsApp and recover messages directly from its database?
WhatsApp will encrypt your messages and store them in an SQLite database stored on the internal memory, which we will recover using a small tool we developed. It’s very simple: all you need is a PC and a rooted Android smartphone or tablet.
Please note that you will lose all your contacts if you proceed this way.
1) Make sure to install WhatsApp on both devices and register with the same number/account. 2) download SQLite browser . It’s free and open-source, so there is nothing to buy: just download and install it on your PC.
3) Your Android must be rooted (you can use this simple app to see if you are or not), and it needs to allow apps installed on the memory card. To check that, launch the Terminal Emulator app and type su; then enter your password; you should obtain # instead of $). If so, congratulations, your Android is rooted.
4) Connect both devices to the PC and launch SQLite browser. On the new device, open WhatsApp and go to Menu>Settings>Chats>Chat backup>Backup now. You will have a .bak file on your memory card. Copy it on your PC (and remember where you put it).
5) Copy the .bak file on your PC. Now, open SQLite browser on your Windows computer and choose the database called: com.whatsapp/databases/msgstore.db (please note that it might be in a different location depending on the model and version of Android you’ve got – just look around a little bit, it’s easy to find).
6) Once you’ve got the msgstore.db opened with SQLite browser, select the tab called “Messages” and then: right-click on a blank space and choose “Add BLOB field”, and call it “destination_id”.
7) Close this window and copy the .bak file on this directory: Android/data/com.whatsapp/files/key (again, it might be in a different location depending on the model and version of Android you’ve got). Delete the msgstore.db file that is already there and replace it with your own backup.
8) Reboot your smartphone or tablet.
9) Open WhatsApp and go to Menu>Settings>Chats>Chat backup>Restore.
10) You should now see all your old WhatsApp messages on the new device.
How To Transfer Whatsapp Data From Android To Iphone Conclusion?
WhatsApp no longer allows you to transfer data from an Android to an iPhone or vice versa. The app will block any attempt and delete the data from your old phone and database. As you can see, there is a solution to transfer Whatsapp data from Android to iPhone, but it’s not very user-friendly – in fact, it’s pretty complicated. You should therefore use this method only if you know what you’re doing (and if you have a PC and a rooted Android phone or tablet).