The CA intermediate level is the second stage of building a career in Chartered accounting. Moreover, a candidate must clear the CA foundation exam for CA intermediate registration. In the same, a student can register for CA intermediate by skipping the foundation level. Moreover, if a student has the eligibility of graduation or post-graduation, he/she can be directly registered for CA intermediate level.
However, to register for CA intermediate level, a candidate must follow some steps and necessary documents. Besides this, for those prepared for the CA intermediate course exam for May 2022 session, the last date of registration is 1st Nov 2021. A student appears eight papers in the new course and seven papers in the old course. In fact, there are two groups of exams at the CA intermediate level.
Additionally, the fees structure for both groups is Rs15000, and group-1, group-2 is Rs11000. However, the fees structure is different for overseas students. This article will briefly provide the CA intermediate-level registration process, fees, and eligibility criteria. Let’s learn some vital information about CA intermediate registration.
CA Intermediate Registration Eligibility
In addition to registering for CA intermediate level, a student must approve of the below eligibility. However, there are two options of eligibility criteria. These are:-
Option 1:- In the first option, a student must clear the CA foundation level exam to register for CA intermediate level.
Option 2:- in the second option, the candidate must fulfil the following criteria.
- A Commerce graduate or postgraduate student has to score a minimum of 55% marks, and another graduate or postgraduate student has to achieve a minimum of 60% marks.
- Besides this, the Candidates must have cleared the intermediate level of the institute of company secretaries of India and the institute of cost accountants in India.
- Other criteria are if a Graduate/postgraduate who have studied at least three subjects among Accounting, Auditing, Mercantile Laws, Corporate Laws, Economics, Management (including Financial Management), Taxation (including Direct Tax Laws and Indirect Tax Laws), Costing, Business Administration or Management Accounting (or similar subjects with different nomenclatures), securing a minimum of 55% in aggregate is eligible for CA intermediate registration.
By the way, if you want for ICAI CA intermediate registration, then you must have the above eligibility.
Mostly CA intermediate level exam is held two times a year. One is in May/July and another in November/December. According to the ICAI, the CA intermediate registration date was changed to Nov 1. However, CA intermediate registration for May 2022 was over on Nov 1, 2021, instead of Sept 1, 2021. Besides this, ICAI declares that a CA aspirant gets six months instead of 8 months for CA intermediate exam in May 2022.
CA Intermediate Registration Process
Here is the step-wise CA intermediate registration process.
Step 1- Login to the SSP portal.
- First, you have to Visit the ICAI website and create your account there. If you already have an account, click on the Service Portal Link or go to https://eservices.icai.org. After that, enter your username and password to log in to your self-service portal.
- Then you have to Click on “Click Here to access the Student SSP Portal.”
Step 2. Select the Student Cycle.
- In the second step, you click on the “student cycle.”
- If you clear the CA foundation level, then you click on “Intermediate through Foundation.”
- However, the graduation or CS Executive or CMA Executive are eligible for the direct entry route, and they can click Intermediate ‘Direct Entry’.
Step 3. Filing the Details.
After the second step, the aspirant has to fill in personal details in the third step. However, you have to Verify the details and click on Save and Next as details are filled automatically. Then click on next, and enter your details of Qualification as required.
Step 4. Upload the Documents.
- Next, you must attach the Self Attested Document and provide Class X & XII Details. Then click on “Save and Next.”
- After that, you Upload your Photo/ Signature. Another important piece of information is that images captured from mobile or cameras are prohibited. Only scanned copies of jpg/jpeg format are allowed.
Step 5. Generate OTP.
- In the fifth step, you click on Generate OTP after giving all the Mandatory Details. Then you get the OTP on your mobile number. And also, your verification link will be sent to your Email ID.
- Next, you have to enter the OPT and complete the login process. Then Enter the letters displayed in the captcha and click on the submit button to receive your OTP.
Step 6. Payment of CA Intermediate Registration fees.
- In the sixth step, you get the payment page of ICAI. However, you may select any payment modes available to pay the fees and complete the process.
- However, after you fill the registration form and the successful payment, the system will generate a form. Then Students are required to save it and take its printout and within seven days submit the form.
CA Inter Registration Fees
Here is the CA intermediate registration fees structure is below.
|Fees description||Both Groups in Rs||Both Groups in US$||Group 1 or 2 in Rs||Group 1 or 2 in US$|
|Intermediate Registration Fee||15000||11,000|
|Students Activities Fees||2000||2000|
|Registration Fees as Articled Assistant||1000|
Additionally direct entry students pay Rs. 200 (US $ 20) for registration.
A particular concession for students from the newly-formed Union Territories of Jammu, Kashmir, Ladakh, and the North-East States. However, they will pay only Rs. 4500/- for both groups and Rs. 3250/- for the single group if they register between 20th September 2019 to 31st March 2022.
Documents Required for Intermediate Registration
However, to register for CA intermediate level, you need the below documents. All these documents you have to submit at the time of registration.
- You must submit the attested copy of the 12th class mark sheet or its equivalent Central Govt. examination pass Mark statement.
- Moreover, the direct entry scheme students have to submit the attested copy of the Graduation / Post Graduation Mark sheet or Intermediate level examination of ICSI or ICWAI mark sheet.
- You also required a coloured and latest photograph on the hard copy of the CA Intermediate registration form.
- Although for foreign students nationality proof copy is required.
- Besides this, a special category certificate is required for SC/ST/OBC or Differently abled students.
In conclusion, all the above information is vital for CA intermediate registration. Follow all the above processes to fill the registration form. After that, you will be able to appear for the CA intermediate exam in May 2022.